[b-hebrew] Isaiah 55:5

Jerry Shepherd jerry.shepherd at taylor-edu.ca
Tue Apr 4 15:28:40 EDT 2006

Good day members,

Two questions:

(1) Watts, in his commentary in the Word series, (Isaiah 34-66, pp. 241, 246; I don't have access to the 2d edition) says that the last word in Isa 55:5 has a 2fs suffix.  My older Logos version, as well as Accordance (a student checked for me) have it as 2fs also.  However, if I am reading Jouon-Muraoka correctly (§61i, [vol. 1, p. 173]), it is identified there as 2ms.  It seems more likely to me that this latter is correct and that the suffix is simply in pause.  Anything I am missing?

(2) Has anyone obtained Bibleworks 7, and how would you compare it to Logos Scholars Series X?

Thanks.

Jerry

Dr. Jerry E. Shepherd
Associate Professor of Old Testament