[b-hebrew] Flying or Darting in Isaiah 14:29 and 30:6

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Apr 4 09:55:53 EDT 2006

Jack:

What makes you think that they were rare? Could it
be that sighting such creatures was then so common
that it did not merit special mention?

Grant you that today such sightings are rare, but
in http://www.s8ing.com one of the pages mentions
that less than 200 years ago in Wales a flock of
pterosaurs was known in a certain area and sighting
them was common. In fact it was reported that they
were killed off by people because they were such
nuisances to the local farmers. So why not also in
other parts of the world, such as ANE?

I notice that in my original response I was not
clear, but I meant pterosaurs too.

Karl W. Randolph.