[b-hebrew] Flying or Darting in Isaiah 14:29 and 30:6

mabernathy714 at comcast.net mabernathy714 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 00:01:56 EDT 2006

You might want to check an article by John Goertzen at www.rae.org/pteroets.html.  I'm not sure of his credentials and his conclusions may be questionable but he notes that depictions of winged serpents were common during the time of Isaiah. Whether this is a reproduction of something purely mythical or a recreation of something the people saw in the fossil record may not be determined. I believe the author claims that details in the drawings suggest that they still had some of these critters flying around at the time they carved these images.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy