[b-hebrew] Flying or Darting in Isaiah 14:29 and 30:6

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sun Apr 2 00:54:24 EST 2006

The form "me'ofef" appears only in these two places, but the verb "ye'ofef"
appears in Gen. 1:20 and Isaiah 6:2, and obviously does mean "fly". I would
assume that a "flying snake" is one that stikes its prey suddenly, like a
cobra.

David Kimhi (Radak), BTW, interprets "a snake that skips from place to
place".

Yigal