[b-hebrew] proto-Hebrew alphabet

Emmanuel Gitlin gitlins at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 11:29:03 EDT 2006

I am trying to read a Dead Sea Scrolls (Qumran) fascimile of a psalm sold to a friend at the Charlotte NC (USA) exhibition.  This must be a proto Aramaic or old Hebrew alphabet antedating the square letters.  Could you provide me with a printout of these characters with their modern Hebrew equivalents?  I would be very thankful.   Prof. Emmanuel Gitlin, Ph.D., Professor of Biblical Studies, teacher of a Bible class as the local Reform temple,    828-32203842,  109 6th Ave NE, H ickory, NC 28601, USA