[b-hebrew] TDNT and Biblecentre and copyrighted materials

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Tue Sep 20 12:45:02 EDT 2005

I received this email and pass it along as a matter of ethics

<<<< begin quote

I have been in contact with several people who are part of the B-Greek
discussions on the web.    Baker Book House along with other publishers
(Zondervan, Eerdmans, Thomas Nelson, Moody, IVP, and others.) through
our organization ECPA are aware of the copyright protected material
appearing on www.biblecentre.net.   We attempted working with Mr. Andrew
Amue of London, England, to take our material off his website.   At one
point we hired a legal firm in London.  Mr. Amue then pulled some of the
material off his site.  We noticed earlier this spring that all the
material was again illegally posted on www.biblecentre.net in addition
to new material.    Our intention is that our copyright protected
material be removed from www.biblecentre.net, and we will work to that end.

This email is to notify you that the majority of material from US
publishers posted on www.biblecentre.net is in fact posted without our
authorization and is considered infringement against our authors’
copyright protected materials.

We greatly appreciate your efforts on the behalf of our authors and our
publishing companies.

Marilyn Gordon

Subsidiary Rights Manager

Baker Publishing Group / Baker Academic * Baker Books * Bethany House
Publishers * Brazos Press * Chosen Books * Fleming H. Revell

6030 East Fulton Street

Ada, MI  49301

<<<< end quote
--