[b-hebrew] science, was Ayin and Ghayin

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Sep 20 12:24:46 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir at gmail.com>

> On 9/19/05, Karl Randolph wrote:
>
> > That method, as defined by Dr. G.G.
> > Simpson et. al., limited science to the study of observable
> > phenomena where the observations must be repeatable.
> > If a study does not meet both criteria, it cannot be
> > scientific. Then Dr. Simpson defined evolution as the
> > belief that all life descended from simple common
> > ancestors by natural means over long periods of time. By
> > definition, this is inobservable.
>
> How do you define "observation"?  Is particle physics a
> science because we can't observe the quarks with our
> own eyes?

This is a typical red herring argument that I did not expect
from a person of your caliber. Anyways, this definition for
science is not mine, rather one I received from Dr. G.G.
Simpson and from other scientists.

As far as quarks are concerned, there is a phenomenon
that is repeatedly being observed, and that phenomenon
is interpreted as indicating the existence of quarks.
Whether that interpretation is correct or not does not
negate the fact that a repeatable observation is being
made.

As science is not my area of expertise, all I can do is to
quote what scientists say. But philosophy and logic were
areas I specifically studied, so when a scientist speaks
illogically, or makes common logic fallacies, I will not give
him a pass, no matter how renown is that scientist.

Karl W. Randolph.