[b-hebrew] Lev 21:18 - Passive Participle

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Oct 31 10:46:51 EST 2005

On 31/10/2005 15:29, Karl Randolph wrote:

>There are times when absence of evidence is a lack, i.e.
>that a certain phenomenon existed but that we have yet to
>find evidence for it, and other times when it is evidence of
>lack, i.e. that the looked for phenomenon was never there
>in the first place.
>
>This is one of the cases IMO of the latter.

But surely direct evidence of a phenomenon must always trump any
argument from lack of evidence!

But as you say, it seems that we are unlikely to reach any resolution of
such matters as long as you refuse to accept the usual rules of logic
concerning evidence.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/