[b-hebrew] accent mark question Ps 45:7 and Dagesh in Isaiah 8:11

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 31 10:03:38 EST 2005

My question is two fold in Psalm 45:7 K:S:`A:KA E:LOHIYM

 the tipha under the alef of ' E:LOHIYM does that represent a pause?

So is it, "your throne, O God is forever and ever?"

"Or can one get away with Your throne is God, forever and ever?"

Second question is YISS:R"NIY in Isaiah 8:11, why is there a dagesh in the samech?  And if this thing is imperfect why isn't there a dagesh in the yod?   Looks to me like the yod there is part of the root, not part of a vav conversive.  Looks like a Piel but I guess it is not.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net