[b-hebrew] Ayin and Ghayin and accent

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Oct 31 07:32:43 EST 2005

I think it's unrealistic to assume that the ancient cultures were so
linguistically aware that they felt the need invent a writing system
that accomodated for vowel changes through time.
Much more convincing is the assertion that the consonants stood for
both consonants and vowels as the vowels were altogether predictable.