Dr. Joel M. Hoffman joel at exc.com
Tue Oct 25 17:29:56 EDT 2005

>>in its transliterations. Did you not see the chart that Dr.
>>Hoffman provided for us? I found it interesting.
>>
>>  [ http://www.exc.com/JoelHoffman/Excerpts/ITB-p95.pdf ]
>>
>Joel Hoffman's interesting chart of a rather small number of names was
>inadequate to show any clear patterns of relationship between the LXX
>and MT forms of these names. Considerably more names would be needed to
>show that there are patterns rather than chaos and randomness. The

On the contrary.  It shows:

1.  Place-of-articulation correlation between the LXX and MT consonants.

2.  Voicing correlation between consonants.

3.  Lack of stop/fricative/aspirant correlation.

4.  Lack of vowel correlation.

In other words, except for the vowels and Beged Kefet, the LXX and MT
match pretty well.

-Joel M. Hoffman
 http://www.exc.com/JoelHoffman