[b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Oct 17 19:44:39 EDT 2005

Peter:

When was the waw first used as a mater lectionis?

I have seen materes lectionis used as early as on a proto-
Sinaitic inscription, and waw is used several times in the
Siloam inscription as a mater lectionis, so where is YHWH
attested to before waw is attested to as a mater lectionis?

Karl W. Randolph.

From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk at qaya.org>