[b-hebrew] Passive sentences in Esther?

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 15:47:08 EDT 2005

Whatever Josephuses origin of the information, it goes to show that he
understood the passage to be passive.

As for Yah telling Mordecai about the plot, I don't think that's what
the author intended us to understand. However, it seems clear that the
author intended us to understand that this act of salvation came about
through Yah's blessing to his glory and praise. And I would agree that
the story is very upbuilding indeed.