[b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Oct 17 07:32:44 EDT 2005

On 11/10/2005 21:35, Vadim Cherny wrote:

>>To try to test my theory that Hebrew originally had only a
>>

>CV structure, and those at the end of words were usually
>unstressed
>
>That is kind of obvious. Does anyone really disputes the CV structure in
>proto-Semitic?

Vadim, I won't dispute this. You seem to know more about proto-Semitic
than I do. But the Bible was not written in proto-Semitic, but in
Hebrew, a language which does not have a strict CV structure, but allows
consonant clusters and word final consonants.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/