[b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Oct 10 12:14:50 EDT 2005

Peter:

To try to test my theory that Hebrew originally had only a
CV structure, and those at the end of words were usually
unstressed, I tried reading out loud in Hebrew adding an
unstressed "e" (short e) at the ends of words that did not
end in vowels, and the stresses almost automatically fell
on what is now the ending syllable. Now it could be that
that is just idiosyncratic to me, but I found it was a result
that I did not expect.

Karl W. Randolph.