[b-hebrew] prepositions and grammar

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Sat Oct 8 14:49:55 EDT 2005

On 05/10/2005 23:17, Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

>In case you didn't understand, let me try to be clearer.  Hebrew needs
>L after "become" for grammatical reasons.  (And I'm pretty sure that
>you know enough Hebrew to know that.) ...

Moreover, for the same grammatical reasons that Russian requires an
instrumental case after "become" (стать). I'm pretty sure Vadim knows
enough Russian to know that. In fact I think Hebrew L- often corresponds
to this usage of the Russian instrumental indicating a resultant or
temporary state.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/