[b-hebrew] Ayin and Ghayin

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 17:08:53 EDT 2005

Hi Karl,

 From your wordy post to Yitzak, it seems that you do not understand
that one of the few ways we *attempt* to reconstruct ancient
pronunciations of one language is by examining transcriptions of that
language into a contemporary language.

May I suggest some basic reading in case you haven't already had a
chance:  Saenz-Badillow, Angel.  _A History of the Hebrew Language_,
Cambridge: Cambridge University, 1993.

One other thing:  In your post you demand "documentation" from before
the 6th century BC that shin/sin could be differentiated.  Are you
serious?  You can't mean that you want some ancient philologist to have
written a certificate of such information.  You must mean "evidence" or
"testimony"...except that Yitzak presented you with just such evidence,
and you do not receive it.

I concur with Kirk's motion to end the thread.

Shalom,
Bryan

Karl Randolph wrote:
> Yitzhak:
>
> I have already answered the problem with the
> execration texts, I will go into more detail here.

<snipped>

--
B. M. Rocine
Living Word Chruch