[b-hebrew] Genesis 2:6

Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Wed Oct 5 13:45:02 EDT 2005

What I was able to find out: dew level in the Negev is 0.1mm daily in late
summer (west wind season, wind coming from the sea). Extrapolated, that
comes to 3.5cm/year. Since we extrapolated the peak dew, actually it is much
less.
Now, even inland Sahara receives 1.5cm/year of rain, and is notoriously out
of shrubs. Very arid deserts, where to all purposes no plants exist, receive
5cm/year.
Overall, dew possibly sustain plants for short periods, but plants do not
grow on dew.

Vadim Cherny