[b-hebrew] Prepositions and grammar

Michael Abernathy mabernathy at isot.com
Tue Oct 4 17:37:14 EDT 2005

It is not a matter of ignoring the preposition. It is a question of what
is necessary to commuicate the same idea in English.
le indicates a change of state. In English the prepositioin would be
necessary if we were to say, "The man changed into a living soul." The
preposition is not needed with the verb "became."
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy

"So you suggest to ignore prepositions when convenient? Next, shall we
ignore

verbs?"

Vadim Cherny