[b-hebrew] Genesis 2:6

JP vd Giessen jpvdgiessen at freeler.nl
Tue Oct 4 13:04:06 EDT 2005

See the following references about dew in Israel:
* Linacre, E.T. 1992. Climate Data and Resources. (Routledge, London) 366pp.
* Zangvill, A. 1996. Six years of dew observations in the Negev Desert, Israel. J. Arid Environments, 32, 361-71.
* Jacobs, A.F.G., B.G. Heusinkveld and S. Berkowicz 1998. Dewdeposition and early morning evaporation in a desert environment. 23rdConf. on Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, Albuquerque, New Mexico(Amer. Meteor. Soc.), preprints, 349-52.

Further:
Expirements in my garden (in Barneveld a dry place in the Netherlands)gave this summer very interesting results: 1liter/m2 every morning,enough for the growing of some plants like Eupatorium purpurea (1.5 m high).And this was no rain! In the period I made my experiments the daytemperature was about 27 Celsius and night temperature 18 Celsius.
I used 3 boxes, 2 boxes with the Eupatorium purpurea (about 30 centimeters deep) and between these 2 boxes an empty box for the measurements. Most of the dew was fallen from the Eupatorium purpurea in this box, a smaller box with no plants/trees in the neighbourhood gave about 0.15 deciliter/m2

Jan Pieter van de Giessen

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:35:15 -0500, Karl Randolph wrote