[b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH

Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Mon Oct 3 17:25:00 EDT 2005

RE: [b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH> Oh come on Vadim! This example only shows the difference between an unaccented
*written* o in Russian.

The example shows that unaccented long a can be pronounced as short o.

> But any old fool can see that the accented written o and
the unaccented written o represent two completely different phonemes and so this
example has no more relevance than my pointing out the difference between the s in
bees and the s in lots.

Can't say for every old fool, but the example shows that composite schwa based on 'a' sound could be pronounced as 'o.' Both kamatz-katan and doivor corroborate.

Vadim Cherny