[b-hebrew] Genesis 2:6

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Oct 3 10:35:15 EDT 2005

This past weekend I was reminded of this verse as my
shoes squished in the mud. I live in a place where it
seldom rains from March through October, often the rains
start in December. But we often have heavy dew, even fog
in this area. Friday night and Saturday we had fog, which
condensed on tree leaves and on grasses and dripped to
the ground. The trail was actually mud under the trees.
The soil was damp in the grassy areas. Sunday morning
we a heavy dew. Though not as wet as on Saturday, it
certainly was not dry. No, we did not have an unusual
rainfall. Traditional plants, even forests, thrive in these
conditions. Grasses (and grains) usually put out their
seeds shortly after the last rains, before the dryness of
the summer.

Local dryland farmers from before this place became
urbanized, historically recognized that a few nights of
heavy dew equalled a day of drizzle.

As for the conditions in Eden, it is very doubtful that it
was in a desert.

Karl W. Randolph.