[b-hebrew] citing sources

James Cohen james_cohen at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 29 02:05:07 EDT 2005

A while back you posted the following message:

The ancient Hebrew maxim states: "He who cites his
sources brings redwemption to the world". I believe
there is also the opposite maxim.
Sincerely,

--
Jonathan D. Safren

I was trying to track down the source of that maxim.
I think it is in the Talmud somewhere as a way to
achieve tikkun olam, i.e. stitching up the world after
it had shattered -- in the Kabalist's image.  When I
typed as much of the quote as I could remember into
Google you were the only hit.  Can you help me
identify the tractate or, if not the Talmud, another source?