[b-hebrew] reading the massoretic notes

Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Wed May 25 19:14:36 EDT 2005

At 16:41 25/05/2005, you wrote:

>Hi everybody.
>What are the helpful books/ websites that could help me understanding the
>massoretic notes?

Initially, have a look at one of the guides to BHS, such as:
Wonnenberger, Reinhard. Understanding BHS: a Manual for the Users of Biblia
Hebraica Stuttgartiensis. Subsidia biblica - 8. Rome: P.B.I, 1990.
or:  William Scott: Simplified Guide to BHS

Later on, when you want to go into greater detail, these two books should
be a help:

Kelley, Page H., and Daneil S. Mynatt, eds. The Masorah of B.H.S. Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1998.

Yeivin, Israel. Introduction to the Tiberian Masorah. 5. Masoretic Studies,
Orlinsky, Harry M. Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1980.

Regards,

Maurice

mauros at iol.ie