[b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 7:2

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed May 18 13:39:25 EDT 2005

Peter:

For me, it was a combination of the two.

First, from the context, 1 Samuel 7:1 clearly belongs to chapter six, not seven.

Second, the opening words of 7:2 imply a break between it and the verse previously.

Third, the context shows a continuation of the theme from the closing of verse two into the following verses.

Add to that the chronological reconstruction, making the 20 years appear to be a reference to Samuel’s judgeship over Israel.

The two seem to work together.

Karl W. Randolph.