Unicode cont. was Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 7:2

Trevor Peterson abuian at access4less.net
Tue May 17 19:50:45 EDT 2005

Peter Kirk wrote:
> I accept that there is a problem with websites which display only using
> SBL Hebrew, in that they are usable only by Windows users. It is a
> limitation of certain sites e.g. Chris Kimball's,
> http://www.cvkimball.com/Tanach/Tanach.xml , that they do not make it
> clear that they may work properly only with Windows.

But isn't part of the problem that only a limited number of fonts are
available right now that can properly render the MT with full pointing?
So maybe what Karl is experiencing has to do with the complexity of
sites that require SBL Hebrew. Something else to consider--even if a
site specifies SBL Hebrew as the only option, don't most browsers allow
you to override the font specifications of the page you're viewing? That
might help for Mac users.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics