[b-hebrew] Gen.4.24

Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Fri May 13 03:42:34 EDT 2005

This is a very curious piece. I argue for years that Torah commends Cain's
act, a farmer slaying a Bedouin.
Cain killed one enemy, and was afforded protection. A fortiori, Lamech, who
killed two enemies, is afforded more protection. We would say, twice, but
ancients doubled the digit (77 instead of 14).

Vadim Cherny