[b-hebrew] A Biblical Hebrew Semantic Dictionary

Tim Lewis tim_lewis at dodo.com.au
Tue May 10 02:05:57 EDT 2005

Can anyone help me with the following:

1) Does anyone know whether the Semantic Dictionary of Biblical Hebrew (SDBH or whatever it might now be called) is still on the go. Dr Reinier de Blois of the United Bible Societies was to undertake it in 2001. If the project is still going how might we make contact with him or know how to refer to the project? I found something from 2004 http://academic.sun.ac.za/as/cbta/projects_translation.htm referring to A Biblical Hebrew Semantic Dictionary.

2) Is the Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains : Aramaic (Old Testament) still only available in electronic form?

Thanking you in advance.
Tim Lewis

(on behalf of Terry Fella, Syriac Lexicographer, Melbourne, Australia)