[b-hebrew] Hidden Grammatical Agendas?

kwrandolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon May 9 17:40:21 EDT 2005

Chris:

I think it is a bunch of malarkey.

Seriously, though, when there are no set spelling rules, then
spelling variations are just that, variations, neither right nor
wrong. As a result, I don't put much thought into the variations that
I see while reading. So far I have noticed no rhyme nor reason to
those variations (but I didn't expect to find any) and think they are
no different than when a report from the Lewis and Clark expedition
spelled "bear" (the big, growly and furry critter) three different
ways in one sentence. As such, spelling variations are not "deficient
spelling".

On the question of grammar, yes previous researchers did work out
grammatical rules. For example, the belief that all Hebrew words had
triliteral roots goes way back, if I'm not mistaken. I disagree with
it, but that's gist for a different message. That such grammatical
rules may appear to be 'unorthodox' by today's standards is an
understatement, but the ancients did understand the concept.

Karl W. Randolph.