[b-hebrew] tiqqune sopherim

Heard, Christopher Christopher.Heard at pepperdine.edu
Wed May 4 17:12:14 EDT 2005

Hi Schmuel,

On May 4, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Schmuel wrote:
>   Christopher, does your dissertation and research go into these
> issues in depth?  Do you consider in your book also how the tiqqune
> sopherim question affects the basic underlying question as to
> whether the Masoretic Text represents the "original" text.

The short answer is "no." My dissertation and the book that resulted
after most of the "dissertationese" was removed focus on a reading of
the "canonical form" (so to speak) of Genesis 12-36. I addressed the
tiqqune soferim issue only with specific regard to Genesis 18:22. As
such, my book doesn't really fit on your bibliographic list, as kind
as it was of you to include it. :-)

Chris

--
R. Christopher Heard