[b-hebrew] Why Semitic languages had no written vowels?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon May 2 01:18:35 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vadim Cherny" <VadimCherny at mail.ru>

> I don't think that the relationship between paal and piel is difficult at
> all, if only we accept an obvious thing about piel, the notion of intensity.
>
> Vadim Cherny

Vadim:

That’s just the problem—only very very rarely can intensity be recognized from the context.

I suspect that the Piel, if it existed, would have had clear contextual clues so that the reader would recognize it without vower points.

So what are the contextual clues that point to a Piel?

Karl W. Randolph.