[b-hebrew] God vs angels in Ps 8:5

awohili at aol.com awohili at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 17:27:48 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Crick <ben.crick at argonet.co.uk>
To: b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:31:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] God vs angels in Ps 8:5

..............But "the son of man" in Psalm 8:4 is also a
specific title of God (Daniel 7:13), ....
This is no forum for discussing Christian dogma, so I'll say no more.

Agreed, but I don't find that idea in Daniel 7:13 at all, in any dogma:
"I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him."

I see two actors, the Ancient of days (= God) and the Son of man.  One is brought before the other.  I do not see the one equated with the other.  I'm not talking about dogma, but about a plain reading of the text.

Solomon Landers