[b-hebrew] Is 9:6 Mem clausum?

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Thu Mar 24 12:06:14 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 22:04, Daniel R. Pater wrote:

[snip]
> Isa 9:6 can be handily examined in the Aleppo Crown, our oldest Ben Asher
> codex, at http://www.aleppocodex.org/aleppocodex.html
> At that website enter the citation for searching, then locate the text on
> the left-hand page, middle column, 8th line from bottom. There the mem
> finalis is there, and perhaps a space after the mem finalis, so that the
> consonental reading would be lm rbh. Paleographically it is difficult for
> me to be sure of the space in the Aleppo facsimile between the two words -
> it's very close but perhaps there is a little more space here. The
> masoretic circule is written almost above the space where the separation
> could be.
[snip]

I couldn't find a place to enter the citation for searching, all it would let
me do is flip through the pages of Deuteronomy, then asked if I wanted to
read Joshua (21 more pages to flip through) etc.  Is there another part of
the site that's searchable?  I sure couldn't find one...

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur