[b-hebrew] Aprisa Old Word Hebrew Program

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Tue Mar 22 06:22:35 EST 2005

On 22/03/2005 10:32, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Steve Miller wrote:
>
>> Lastly, could anyone recommend a PC program for studying the Hebrew
>> Bible
>> and Biblical Hebrew?
>

> I would recommend to AVOID using computers for studying Biblical
> Hebrew, because it is too much strain on the eyes. Your eyes are a
> precious resource give to you by God and it is best to use them for
> reading books printed on paper than on the screen. ...

On this point I would disagree. I find reading books with very small
Hebrew points much more strain on my eyes than reading them on a high
quality computer screen, on which I can enlarge the characters so that
they are readable from a convenient reading distance, and set the
brightness to an adequate level with ease. Of course this requires a
good quality computer font - but then a printed book depends on good
print quality as well.

But I realise that this depends very much on the individual and the
characteristics of his or her eyes.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/