[b-hebrew] John Gill's Dissertation

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Mon Mar 21 16:19:08 EST 2005

It shall be nice for once to be able to contribute to this forum instead of
draining you all of brain power so here is an offer.

I noticed that some months ago there was a discussion about the Masoretes
and vowel pointing.  I realise that this is a subject of debate in some
circles and that someone gave information about John Gill who wrote a
lengthy dissertation in 1767 on "The antiquity of the hebrew language and
vowel pointing".   If anyone is interested I can save them money and trouble
by emailing them this work via word.doc as an attachment.

regards, Chris Watts. Ireland.