[b-hebrew] Qeri and ketiv readings

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Mon Mar 21 16:19:07 EST 2005

I see that the samaritan discusion is going over my head now!  Still it is
interesting to read all comments as they progress.

I have a question.  I am still trying to discover why some words are NOT
pointed in hebrew and especially isaiah 9:6.   However Gesenius says at 17
section 2:  words and consanants which are to be passed over in reading are
called:- and you all know that latin and hebrew terminology;  Please can
someone elucidate what none of my grammar books seem eager to explain and
that is WHY are they 'passed over'?  it seems an obvious conclusion as to
what they are and what they mean! So what is this phenomenon please?

regards to all

Chris WATTS, Ireland.