[b-hebrew] Talmud in English

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:52:35 EST 2005

John Bondevik wrote:
> Hi.
> I would like to study the Talmud, or Mishna - in English.
> I don't know how large this work is, or where I can get it.
>
> Is it possible to download an English translation of the Talmud
> (or Mishna) from Internet, for free?

> The best solution for me would be a downloadable version or an
> online version, with the possibility of searching the content for
> specific words or phrases.
>
> I hope you can help me with this.

It seems that this site:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/talmud.htm

provides some of what you're looking for.  Obviously a search
for specific words or phrases would not help you much unless
you search in Aramaic.  But the main question is what is your
goal in learning, since different goals (general knowledge,
halakhic knowledge, historical analysis) are met in different
ways.

Perhaps the following list is a more appropriate place to ask
your question:
http://listserv.shamash.org/archives/maqom.html

Yitzhak Sapir