[b-hebrew] audio hebrew OT

Tigran Aivazian tigran at bibles.org.uk
Sun Mar 20 13:54:39 EST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, George F Somsel wrote:
> http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/ptmp3prq.htm#mp3

the above mp3 files are hosted on a server in Israel and so it is
_horrendously_ slow and unusable from the rest of the world, see for
yourself:

$ wget http://media.snunit.k12.il/kodeshm/mp3/t3001.mp3
--18:45:23--  http://media.snunit.k12.il/kodeshm/mp3/t3001.mp3
             => `t3001.mp3'
Resolving media.snunit.k12.il... 132.64.3.9
Connecting to media.snunit.k12.il[132.64.3.9]:80... connected.
Length: 532,548 [audio/mpeg]

   6% [====>                      ] 36,620       629.75B/s    ETA 13:21

i.e. 629 bytes per second download speed! It is probably faster to receive
it on a CD (assuming CD is free).

Anyway having downloaded a couple of files I confirm that this is
Shmuelov's recording in "file per chapter" version.

The original "file per book" version was produced by myself (ages ago) and
I sent the files on CDs to Audio Scriptures International and also someone
else produced a "file per chapter" version which was much more convenient
so I used it in preference to my original.

But there is also Bartonov's version which is a bit more "crisp" quality.

Shalom
Tigran