[b-hebrew] tw(bh re: Lev 18:19 & Ezk 18:6

C. Stirling Bartholomew jacksonpollock at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 18 16:16:03 EST 2005

I am trying to nail down a very specific cultural frame for tw(bh. It
appears that in  Lev 18:19 & Ezk 18:6 we find a restriction placed on sexual
activity which would include sexual activity between a man and his wife. I
understand that the violation of this restriction would be classified as
tw(bh.

My question: Are there other restrictions placed on a man in regard to his
wife that would be classified as tw(bh? What about later Jewish tradition
extending into the 2nd Temple period?

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew