[b-hebrew] Is 9:6 Mem clausum?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Fri Mar 18 11:22:56 EST 2005

On 18/03/2005 14:38, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> I can't remember if the Michigan encoding actually allows such things
> like "m<EOW>" i.e. to force a final mem in the middle of the word. If
> it doesn't, then I will manually fix this for Isa 9:6 when I upload
> 4.3 version of WLC-B19A.pdf to www.bibles.org.uk.

This is indeed the problem. The Michigan coding does not distinguish
between regular and final forms, and so cannot represent the few
anomalous cases, I think only this one and two cases in Job, 38:1 and
40:6, of MIN with non-final nun. I have reported this to the WTS bug
reporting service (where it is issue 735).

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/