[b-hebrew] Is 9:6 Mem clausum?

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Mar 18 09:18:27 EST 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 12:54, wattswestmaas wrote:
> Hallo, Could someone perhaps offer some ideas as to why the 'mem' in the
> word for: 'increase' is written this way?
> Thankyou, Chris.

Based on the Qere correction by the Masoretes, it looks like a simple scribal
error.

Incidentally, if anybody uses the free Westminster Leningrad Codex module, the
Qere here has an error in it.  Rather than showing the final mem, it shows
exactly the same form as the Qere, but with a different accent.  If somebody
from that project is on this list, that's an FYI.  If you can tell me how to
fix it in my copy (I'm using GnomeSword with the Ezra SIL font) that would be
a Very Good Thing (TM).

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur