[b-hebrew] Lost Causes Job 39:13 -- minor consolation

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 09:05:18 EST 2005

> Clay Bartholomew  wrote, inter alia:
>
> "....I have worked on more than my share of large scale lost causes and I
> thought
> that biblical philology was going to get me away from all that
> angst...."

   Clay, As a minor cosolation consider this  ---  most prose sections in the HB are quite clear. I don't think there was ever confusion between Abraham and Isaac as to who fathered whom,  nor in the dramatic duel between David and Goliath who the winner was. This refers to the narrative, rather than the history.

   So, considering the age of these texts, one may actually feel quite satified with what has been achieved so far.

    Kol Tuv                            Uri