[b-hebrew] The Garden of Eden (then? and now ?)

Walter R. Mattfeld mattfeld12 at charter.net
Thu Mar 10 13:25:01 EST 2005

I have determined that _one of the prototypes_ for "the Garden of Eden" is
the Mesopotamian myth about Enki's making of man to work in the "Garden of
the Gods" at Eridu, relieving the Igigi gods of their toil in said garden.
Accompanying the article are two photos of what I believe Eden once looked
like and what it looks like today. If interested, cf. the following url:

http://www.bibleorigins.net/EdenDatePalmGardenIraqHrouda.html

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed.
mattfeld12 at charter.net
www.bibleorigins.net