[b-hebrew] "their altars" or "his/its altars"?

Deborah Millier deborahmillier at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 21:23:28 EST 2005

Dora Smith wrote:

 <snip>

> Asherah was Yahweh's wife . . .

Actually Dora, the above thought hit me as I read
):aS"RaYW  , but there was nothing in the surrounding
biblical context to support it, so I quickly dismissed
it as a viable option.

Please (to list members), rather than letting the
discussion get derailed over what forms ancient
Israelite religion possibly took, I’d like to explore
the text as is. Why  ):aS"RaYW  in Exo 34:13 and not a
plural possessive? What might best explain the
evidence? If not a consort for YHWH, then what . . . ?

--Michael Millier
Manila, Philippines