[b-hebrew] Participant Reference Job 39:9-10

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:33:24 EST 2005

I suggest having a read of:

de Regt, L.J. _Participants in Old Testament Texts and the Translator:
Reference Devices and their Rhetorical Impact_. Studia Semitica Neerlandica
39. Assen: Van Gorcum, 1999. Particuarly have a look at section 3 "Special
Patterns" of which 3.1 is entitled "Overspecification".

Hope it helps. If you can't get a copy, I can pull out some references if I
get time (busy at the moment!)

Regards,

David Kummerow.