[b-hebrew] "their altars" or "his/its altars"?

Dora Smith villandra at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 11:07:48 EST 2005

Just one thing it sounds like you may not be aware of;

Asherah was Yahweh's wife.  She was also Ba'al's wife.   It was a quite
syncretistic religion.  In places where one god won out over the other in
the great culture war, he absorbed the myth, cult and hymns of the other.
Alot of the time, Ba;al and Yahweh were worshipped virtually as one.   Hence
you see things like 9th to 8th century grafitti in a southern shrine;
"blessings on Yahweh and Ba'al and their Asherah".
Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra at austin.rr.com