[b-hebrew] Eden's Four Rivers (update)

Walter R. Mattfeld mattfeld12 at charter.net
Thu Jun 23 06:22:49 EDT 2005

I have recently undertaken a major rewrite or
revision on my article titled "Eden's Four Rivers" as of yesterday, 22 June
2005.

I no longer identify "Eden" with Sumer lying in the great flood-plain of
Lower Mesopotamia. I _now_ understand that Eden lies in Northern Mesopotamia
and is the area between Haran and Sippar. In this same region lies "Eden of
Tel-assar" mentioned by Isaiah 37:12 (Neo-Assyrian "Bit Adini").

I explain in detail why I "abandoned" Eden being in Sumer. Cf. the below
url:

http://www.bibleorigins.net/EdensFourRivers.html

Regards, Walter
mattfeld12 at charter.net