[b-hebrew] Re: impure food

George F Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Wed Jun 15 09:22:56 EDT 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:46:07 -0400 "Lisbeth S. Fried"
<lizfried at umich.edu> writes:
Thanks George,
I guess earthenware can be fired but unglazed, and that according to
Milgrom
this is the only type  that need be broken. That must be rabbinic, it’s
not in the text.
Also, I don’t understand why food that is wet becomes impure. What about
soup?
They boiled the meat before the ark at Shiloh.
Lisbeth S. Fried, Ph.D.
Visiting Scholar
The Frankel Center for Judaic Studies
and the Department of Near Eastern Studies
University of Michigan
2068 Frieze Bldg
105 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285

It would seem that anything which comes in contact with such unclean
animals partakes of the uncleanness.  This would include water which
would then communicate the uncleanness second-hand.

george
gfsomsel