[b-hebrew] Re: number of consonants

Ken Penner pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Sat Jun 11 13:18:02 EDT 2005

You probably already know about this, but FWIW, Andersen and Forbes have an
appendix in _Studies in Hebrew and Aramaic Orthography_ (Eisenbrauns, 1992)
called "What Did the Scribes Count?" of which one of the sections is "Letter
Counts of the Bible." I don't have the book here, so I can't check what it
has to say. http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/2094

Ken

Ken Penner, Ph.D. cand., McMaster University
M.C.S. (Biblical Languages, Greek Focus), M.A. (Hebrew Poetry)
pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Flash! Pro vocabulary software: http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash or