[b-hebrew] Translating Ezekiel 16:26

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Sun Jul 31 16:19:27 EDT 2005

On 31/07/2005 19:37, kgraham0938 at comcast.net wrote:

>That really does not make sense to me.  How can concubines women have the flesh of a donkey?  That is why I think that PILAG:$"HEM should be translated as genitials or something related to it.

Well, women do have large fleshy parts which men lust after. Could the
reference here be to those parts?

And to the objection that the lusting one is female, I would say that
the female word is being used allegorically of males.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/